Monday, November 19, 2012

Gingersnap Mango Sliders


I know that iced desserts may be out of season at this point.  However gingersnap cookies are not!  If someone was giving me one of those word association tests if you said ginger I would say mango.  The two are a match made in heaven.  These are more like sliders then they are a sandwich but if you can buy (or make) larger cookies I won't stop you.  The mango sorbet is store bought... mangos this time of year come from hundreds of miles away and take a week to ripen (where I live that is) but again.. don't let me stop you from making your own fancy homemade sorbet.

INGREDIENTS 
homemade or store bought gingerbread cookies
mango sorbet  

PROCESS
I made these cookies from scratch so once they come out of the oven I let them sit for about 5 minutes or so to let them cool down then put them on a plate and transferred them to the freezer to harden a bit.  Then with an ice cream scoop (about 2 tablespoons worth) of mango sorbet is put onto each cookie them topped with another.  Pop back in the freezer to further set and sit back and wait.  IF YOU CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment